GONE
Beautiful boy
Here one moment, the next gone
Laughing and talking hi mama then
Splash down in the tub
Passed out, Face underwater,
Seizure
Seized away from me
Convolutions
Lips blue, breathing labored, almost non-existent
Almost non-breath
All muscles tense
Hands are small tight fists, clenched stone
Eyes a glimmer of white
Drool
How long how long how long
A minute? An hour? Forever?
I lay you down on the bed
Left side
I hold you, tight not too tight
I call your name
Call you back from the abyss
Sing to you
Songs I wrote when you were just born brand new
Come back I say come back to us
Don’t leave us
We're here
Where are you
Where are you?
I hold back my fear
As I breath for you
And I won’t cry
Until you breath as well
Until you finally finally finally
Speak and
Are here again.
Written August 13, 2007 after Skyler's fourth febrile seizure. This seizure was caused by a high fever due to bacterial pneumonia and was the beginning of a long and difficult time fighting this very persistent illness. Now Skyler is doing great, he has completely regained the weight he lost over the month he was ill. He is strong and tan and happy, although we still do play some version of "Pneumonia" every day. Of course, in Sky's game, Mama gets the IV or
shot or xray and he gets to be the Doctor.
(Skyler @ Children's Hospital-Pika on Guard)
Here one moment, the next gone
Laughing and talking hi mama then
Splash down in the tub
Passed out, Face underwater,
Seizure
Seized away from me
Convolutions
Lips blue, breathing labored, almost non-existent
Almost non-breath
All muscles tense
Hands are small tight fists, clenched stone
Eyes a glimmer of white
Drool
How long how long how long
A minute? An hour? Forever?
I lay you down on the bed
Left side
I hold you, tight not too tight
I call your name
Call you back from the abyss
Sing to you
Songs I wrote when you were just born brand new
Come back I say come back to us
Don’t leave us
We're here
Where are you
Where are you?
I hold back my fear
As I breath for you
And I won’t cry
Until you breath as well
Until you finally finally finally
Speak and
Are here again.
Written August 13, 2007 after Skyler's fourth febrile seizure. This seizure was caused by a high fever due to bacterial pneumonia and was the beginning of a long and difficult time fighting this very persistent illness. Now Skyler is doing great, he has completely regained the weight he lost over the month he was ill. He is strong and tan and happy, although we still do play some version of "Pneumonia" every day. Of course, in Sky's game, Mama gets the IV or
shot or xray and he gets to be the Doctor. (Skyler @ Children's Hospital-Pika on Guard)

1 Comments:
How we love our children. How much a part of ourselves they are. So sorry you three had to go through it, though. So great to see you at Cindy's party a couple of weeks ago. Sky looked healthy and happy and in the end, that's what counts. Lucky for Sky he has two wonderful, loving parents who take such good care of him. Hug him for me. Love you all. Aunt Suzie
Post a Comment
<< Home